Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Here we go!

So I had lunch today with a really great gal... it was a business meeting but I felt an immediate connection with her.. her spirit, her creativity, her .. well, likemindedness!  So rather than referring to her as a colleague, I feel more comfortable calling her my new long lost friend.  After sharing thoughts and stories about a million things, much about birth, she suggested that I begin a blog.  So here we are... it's almost 1am and as I lay in bed unable to sleep with typical wheels turning in my mind from creative thoughts, thoughts on my upcoming wedding, trying to make sure that I'm not forgetting anything in life between wedding to-do's, work, my clients,  to... oh that project I'd like to paint, other business adventures that I'd love to begin, that bathing suit I'd like to buy (and actually look ok in) for my honeymoon... (clearly important stuff here!)... on and on.  Suddenly Ali's voice (the new "long lost" friend) popped into my head and I thought "just blog".  So I shot up in bed, grabbed my laptop, and googled how to start a blog.  Seems easy enough, so here we go.

While I realize that those reading this are probably not so interested in my late night, wheel turning "dear diary" moments... I'll try to stick to the more profound moments that actually ARE worth sharing.  I'm blessed and honored to share a handful of hours in my life (sometimes many more than a handful) with parents who allow me into their sacred birthing bubble.  To be present with them in welcoming their little ones into this world.  I have a front row seat in those moments that literally seem to stand still: that moment between what was and what will be in life as a baby emerges into this world. I watch this little life transition as it breathes from his mother to that very first breath that he takes on his own.  In our modern day medicalized world, we often forget this miraculous moment.. one that we can't take back or ever experience again.  The moments of new, precious life thrill and drive me beyond words...  but hey, I'm gonna do my best to describe them anyway.  tomorrow.

Thank you for joining me here, and of course with parents' consent, I hope to share many inspiring stories of life.. of birth.. from the perspective of little ol' me :)

Warmly,
Juli

1 comment:

  1. juli!!! i love this! oh, you're just darling. i can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete